Please complete only one electricity application for your registered small business or charity. You cannot receive COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) funding for multiple storefronts or locations, and you can only receive CEAP-SB funding from your electricity provider once. If you have natural gas service, you may apply separately for natural gas CEAP-SB support through your natural gas utility.
After you have provided your information, please sign this form and provide your consent by typing your name(s) in Section 4. Please ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
Once completed, the form can be submitted by selecting the "Submit My CEAP Application" button in Section 5. Your utility may offer other ways to submit your CEAP application. Please contact Welland Hydro's Customer Service Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-732-1381 (select option 6) for more details.
*** CEAP-SB funding is limited and applying does not guarantee that your utility has CEAP-SB funding remaining. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. For information on residential CEAP or lower-income energy support programs available, please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website. ***
You are eligible for this program if you meet all of the following criteria:
1. Your small business or registered charity did not have any overdue amounts on its electricity bill on March 17, 2020, the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency, or made at least partial payments on amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
2. As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
3. As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has an active account with an electricity distributor or a sub-meter provider. You will be required to provide your registered business number or registered charity number.
4. Your small business or registered charity is classified as a general service < 50 kW customer if the account is with an electricity distributor.
5. Your small business or registered charity is using less than 150,000 kWh of electricity annually if the account is with a unit sub-meter provider.
6. Your small business or registered charity was required to close* its premises to members of the public for regular operations for at least fifteen days as a result of a government order or an inability to adapt your business or charity to comply with public health recommendations.
* “close” means that the small business or registered charity was unable to maintain regular operations as a result of government order or health recommendations that required them to either fully close operations, limit access to their premises or limit the services provided or available to the public.
You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if your small business or registered charity’s main heating source is electricity.
If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your place of residence may still be eligible for lower-income energy support programs. Please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information.
Section 1: Notice and Consent
When submitting this completed form to your utility, please do not provide any personal information. The term “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. F.31. Please note that information requested in this form is business identity information (i.e. name, title, and business contact information), not personal information.
Should any personal information be provided within this form, this personal information will be collected by your utility in accordance with applicable privacy legislation such as the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the licence granted to it by the Ontario Energy Board under the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998.
Your business information is being collected for the purpose of administering CEAP-SB, including but not limited to, determining your eligibility for CEAP-SB.
In addition, your utility may use information already collected from you for the purposes of administering your utility account (e.g., any data respecting billing, bill payments), for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility for CEAP-SB and administering CEAP-SB.
The funding for CEAP-SB is provided by the Government of Ontario. Given that, in order to verify and determine whether you were eligible for CEAP-SB and/or to otherwise administer CEAP-SB, it may be necessary for your utility to share your information with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. If the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines requests any of the information, including personal information contained in this form in order to verify your eligibility for CEAP-SB or for audit purposes related to the administration of CEAP-SB, your utility will supply it to them. The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines may contact you for further information as part of their audit. You are encouraged to retain any documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility for CEAP-SB.
By completing and submitting this application form, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information, including personal information as described above.
Contact information for the person who can answer questions about the collection of the information in this form is available on your utility’s web site.
Section 2: Program Eligibility Requirements
Please answer all of the following questions:
Section 3: Utility Account Information
Before you begin, make sure that you have a copy of your bill for reference.
Utility Account Information: Please enter your information exactly as it appears on small business or registered charity’s utility bill. If the information is not entered as it appears on your small business or registered charity’s utility bill, your application may not be able to be processed until the information can be corrected and verified.
Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp. Account number
Section 4: Declaration
By signing below,
a) I declare that the information I have provided in this application is true and correct; and
b) I indicate my consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information as described in this form
Date Format: YYYY dash MM dash DD
Type your name in place of a signature.
Section 5: Submit My CEAP Application
By selecting the "Submit My CEAP Application" button below, the information in your CEAP application will be sent for processing. Your utility will review this application and notify you whether you are eligible for CEAP. If approved, a one-time credit amount will appear on your next bill or the following one, depending on where you are in the billing cycle.